Friday, September 20, 2013

GSoC Experiences(2)

Continuing with my GSoC experiences, this is the second article in the list.

API seemed to be in good shape, I was supposed to start writing tests for javascripts.
The main problem which occured to me was how.
I had spent a few days figuring out exactly what I am supposed to write tests for defining the behaviour of code which will be used in animations, most of which is going to work in runtime(when we are using browser for animations).

I had some discussion with my mentor. He had given me some good motivation as well as ideas on test-writing. But (yes, call me a dumb), I cant still figure out how to do that. I had written some tests myself,
during this time, but I wasn't exactly satisfied with it.

So to keep up with time, I had to switch to writing source code for javascripts.
I was thinking that once I am complete with the source code, I should be more comfortable in writing tests for the same, once it is in working condition.

So with that in mind, I had started writing source code for the Javascripts side.
First thing that crept in my mind before starting was to give a GUI to the project.





No comments:

Post a Comment